How to become an ACARE Center:
Download the ACARE application form below. Please note that certified UCARE centers have premium access to becoming an ACARE and should therefore use the ACARE-UCARE application form. All other centers should use the ACARE application form.
The application is received and confirmed by the ACARE office and then forwarded to the ACARE coordinator, who approves or declines the application. If approved, the ACARE office informs the applicant center that an audit visit will be scheduled. Applicants are encouraged to actively look for auditors. Any head and deputy of certified ACAREs can conduct the audit for your center. The ACARE office will provide both the applicant and the auditor with the documents needed for the audit. To do so, the center to be audited should let the ACARE office know the date on which the center will be audited and, if applicable, the name of the auditor.
- ACARE audits are performed by ACARE leaders / deputy leaders and, when practical, an observer from HAEi.
- In order to be reimbursed for travel costs, auditors must discuss projected expenses with the ACARE Office before the audit takes place.
- ACARE audits are done face to face. In special cases, videoconferencing audits are possible, for example if the auditor had recently visited, in person, the applicant center. Audits conducted by videoconference must have prior approval from the ACARE office and ACARE steering committee (ASC).
- Auditors will send the completed audit report together with an assessment of the applicant’s suitability for becoming an ACARE and a recommendation regarding certification, to the ACARE office.
- The ACARE office shares the auditor’s recommendation with ACARE leadership, and seeks their concurrence. The results are conveyed to the audited center.
- After being successfully audited, centers receive a certificate that is valid for two years, after that there will be a re-audit. The second re-audit will take place after three years. After that the audit intervals will be four years.