STATE OF THE ART MANAGEMENT OF RECURRENT ANGIOEDEMA AND HANDS ON TRAINING
with special focus on Canada and Europe (applied for CME)
Click here to register.
The overall aim of this 4,5-hour interactive online seminar is for physicians to learn about the clinical spectrum, burden, differential diagnosis, and the modern diagnostic work-up in patients with recurrent and hereditary angioedema and how to manage these diseases – taking into a special account the conditions in Canada and Europe. Furthermore, the participants will also gain a greater understanding of the aims of treatment of recurrent and hereditary angioedema.
We cordially invite all resident and early stage physicians (in particular from Canada and Europe) to take part in this non-senior educational event.
If ACARE senior physicians would also like to join the preceptorship, they are welcome to participate in the role of an advisor (in order to answer possible questions of junior participants).
FACULTYProf. Dr. Marcus Maurer – Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Institute of Allergology IFA, Fraunhofer ITMP Immunology and Allergology IA, Berlin, GermanyProf. Dr. Markus Magerl – Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Institute of Allergology IFA, Fraunhofer ITMP Immunology and Allergology IA, Berlin, GermanyDr. Thomas Buttgereit – Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Institute of Allergology IFA, Fraunhofer ITMP Immunology and Allergology IA, Berlin, Germany
Dr. Stephen D Betschel – Associate Professor, University of Toronto, St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Dr. Andrea Zanichelli – University of Milan, I.R.C.C.S. Policlinico San Donato, Milan, Italy
· Multiple choice test – Test your knowledge 15’
· Official welcome and introduction to the programme 10’ – Marcus Maurer, Germany – Stephen D Betschel, Canada – Andrea Zanichelli, Italy
· What is recurrent angioedema? 25’ – Markus Magerl, Germany
· Differential diagnosis and diagnostic workup of recurrent angioedema 25’ – Marcus Maurer, Germany
· Interactive case discussion on how to identify the cause of recurrent angioedema in patients 30’ – Moderators: Andrea Zanichelli, Italy; Thomas Buttgereit, Germany
· Workshop session, twice, each 20’
Diagnostics and monitoring tools and instruments, which ones to use and how to use them – Marcus Maurer, Germany
Tips and tricks for the management of recurrent angioedema, diagnosis and therapy (algorithms, guidelines, patient diaries, ID card, emergency set) – Markus Magerl, Germany
· Management of recurrent angioedema 25’ – Marcus Maurer, Germany – Markus Magerl, Germany
· Multiple choice test – Relevant for diploma 15’
· The management of angioedema in Canada: Where do we stand? Where do we go? 25’ – Stephen D Betschel, Canada
· Test discussion, Q&A and conclusion 25’
Download the program here